Friday, October 5, 2007

The Arcadian Inn

For my birthday, my dear husband took me to the Arcadian Inn Bed and Breakfast. It was such a wonderful experience. We stayed in the Magnolia room. It had its own entrance from the secluded porch. Right outside the room was a big magnolia tree that you could see from the arched window. You walked in to see a huge poster bed with sheers hanging down. The room was beautiful and special, complete with rose petals and champagne. There was a two-person jacuzzi tub to soak in. Allen and I enjoyed the evening by eating at a local steakhouse, shopping at a bookstore (one of my favorite things to do), and relaxing in our room. We fell asleep in a big, soft king-size bed with curtains all around and woke to see the magnolia tree swaying in the breeze. Breakfast was served in our room with a silver candelabra and red sugar ringed around our orange juice glasses. We ate pumpkin pancakes with chopped apples and pecans, smothered in a vanilla sauce. There was a breakfast egg roll with sausage in the middle. It was topped off with a birthday candle just for me in my pancakes! They didn't miss a detail. We felt very special staying at the Arcadian Inn. Thank you Allen, Jeff, and Kasey for making my weekend great!



1 comment:

Stonegiant said...

wow, what a beautiful retreat and what an awesome treat for you and Wayne. I'm so glad you had a good time together. Way to Go Wayne!

Shannon