Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shoelaces!!

For those of you who don't know (and most of you do), I taught preschool for a great many years.  One thing that is SO difficult for a kiddo to learn is to tie their shoes!!  If I had a nickel for every shoe that I have tied, I would be retiring about now. 

Now that I'm teaching grade school, this dilemma has not left me!!  I have 1st, 2nd, and 4th graders still coming up and saying, "Mrs. Law, will you please tie my shoes?"  In fact, we filled out a wish list today and I put a lacing board on there so I can teach these kids how to tie.

Then my dear husband sends me this link, on the same day, mind you, on how to tie a better shoelace.  I am soo excited to try this with my girls and my students.  It is the same kind of knot we all use to tie our shoes, you just follow different steps.  It's called 'Ian's knot' and I would want to claim it too.  Ian has an entire website dedicated to shoelaces.  You gotta love it!  Here's the link:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/ianknot.htm

1 comment:

Grasshopper said...

Wow! Didn't realize this would urge a blog post!