Monday, February 15, 2010

Playing Barbies

When I was a kid, my sisters, friends, and I played with Barbies.  We would make these elaborate houses and cities out of our rooms and spend hours upon hours playing.  Quite a few summers were spent dressing up Barbies.  As we got older, of course, the Barbies were put on the shelf, but the memories of those days lives on. Now that we have our own little girls, the Barbie rage has begun again!  My niece, Joscelyn, found a little dress in with our bag of My Little Pony toys and wanted to know what it went to.  Ali told her it went to the Barbie baby.  Well, she had to ask Aunt Shell for it, and Aunt Shell came through! The girls and I went up this weekend and took the Barbie bag with us to find the baby.  What fun we had!  We found the Barbies, our favorite outfits, things we didn't remember (we decided they were Candi's), and the Barbie baby.  Joscelyn loved playing with her Mama's first Barbie doll.  She dressed it, made her dance, and even gave her a smooch from Ken!  Playing Barbies NEVER goes out of style.

No comments: