Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer Reading

I just have to say that I LOVE books! One of my absolute favorite things to do in the summer time is read, read, read! I have been this way for as long as I can remember. My mom used to take us girls to the library during the summer and I'd pick out six or seven books to read in three weeks. I usually got it done with time to spare. I have to admit that I am still the same way. Since the middle of May I've read a dozen or so, and I can't stop! Now that I've got a small library of my own, I've started to re-read things. What a treasure that is! Just to go upstairs and pick out a book is quite a luxury. I like to wait awhile to re-read a book or series so I remember it was really good, but I don't remember details. Then it's fresh and familiar at the same time. I usually read Jan Karon's Mitford series over the summer, plus I got into Jane Austen last summer, so I might have to pick up one of hers too. This year we added Harry Potter to our library, so that will be one for next year. Ahh....Summer!

No comments: