Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cuteness is Coming to the Classroom

During the summer I catch up on all those little things in the class to make it cute and homey.  A few years ago I found some floral fabric I absolutely loved at Hobby Lobby.  Originally I bought it for my kitchen curtains, but I really didn't like it in there, so I didn't make them.  I just held onto it until I thought of a good place to use it.  The opportunity came--my classroom!  The past few years I've used the Poppin' Patterns calendar set, borders, the whole shebang.

I love it, and so I added my fabric for different things, like my Ribbon board and countdown board (I remade it as the year went on). I also made curtains from ones I had for another classroom.  They happen to match wonderfully!

This year I am putting my whole morning meeting on the SMART board.  I am so excited!  So all of the things on the chalkboard will be digital, mostly.  I am keeping the fabric things I've made because they are too cute.  I made a 100 day count too.
The 1 is somewhere in my classroom--I'll find it when I get back to school.  I love how it turned it out.  So, now I think I am going to try to make borders out of the fabric for the bulletin boards, a little lamp shade, and maybe a calendar.  We'll see about that.  When I figure out the borders I'll show you how!

No comments: