Saturday, November 3, 2007

Hermione Granger

This year for Halloween the girls wanted to be Hermione from the Harry Potter series. They love how smart and clever she is, as well as beautiful. Instead of purchasing costumes, I bought material and fabric, and made them for the same amount I would've paid for them. It was quite a stretch for me--I have never used a pattern to sew anything before! So, I said a little prayer of guidance and hoped that Mom would be smiling on me as I got out her Bernina to transform my girls into very classy little witches. After a late night (2:30 am) on Tuesday, I had all but the hems done. The girls were delighted! They enjoyed walking about the neighborhood with their robes flowing and their wands at the ready. Now they will have play robes anytime that they want to be a Griffyndor.

1 comment:

Stonegiant said...

You're an awesome Mom! The girls are beautiful inside and out Way to Go Mom and Dad!

Shannon