Monday, August 15, 2011

Time Passages

Today is another one of those days that marks the passage of time. Not only for the girls, but for me too. Anna left the elementary school set and forged into middle school without a hitch, including switching classes and having six teachers. Lauren walked with me into a new school, bravely facing a whole new environment, people, riding the bus, and not having Mom on the premises. She was apprehensive but got through it with a little extra love from the faculty.

As for me, I now know what just about every parent feels like dropping their child off at school with people they don't know. I was a bucket of emotions--wanting them to fly and do well, worrying that they didn't, and anxiously awaiting their return. Waiting for them to get home was the hardest. I've thought about my mom through this process and wondered if this is what she felt like with us girls. I'm sure it had to be. Above all, I am so very proud of my daughters. They are such fabulous girls!

I had dreamed of this day for a long time, being a stay at home mom. Even though that is not exactly what I want to be doing at this point, here I am. I did do a couple of things to enjoy the day. I stopped by Starbucks on the way home through town (I got locked out of the house so I had to get Allen's key--graceful, I know), and I enjoyed a little bit of the morning outside swinging. The rest of the day was filled with chores and that I-don't-know-what-to-do-by-myself feeling. By the time the girls got home, the dogs and I were so ready to see them. I hope they felt the same way.

Happy First Day of School!


- Posted using BlogPress from Shellie's iPad

No comments: