Friday, July 5, 2013

The "In" Box



This past year I finally found the perfect inbox for turning in papers.  I was using a wire stack-able letter tray for turning in work, but it just wasn't fitting what I needed.  That's when I found this.



The lid fits underneath, and the student's completed work fits nicely in it.  The best thing is--when I need to take papers home to grade, I just snap the lid on! And--It was just $3 at Wal-mart.  Score!


Now, as I sat at my desk, thinking about how I could make my classroom look and feel better, I realized I could cover it.  This is how it looks.



I cut my fabric the width of the sides and Mod-Podged it to the inside of the container.  I really didn't need to do the bottom (I was afraid papers would stick to the fabric if I did), but if I covered the lid, it would show right through the bottom.  That's what I did.  I measured and cut out a piece of fabric that would cover just the top of the lid.  I used Mod-Podge to adhere the fabric to the inside of the lid.  I did a little bit at a time, and I used a straight edge, a plastic putty knife, to push the air bubbles out and make sure I got the corners stuck tight.  I love how it turned out!!

No comments: